After one month in Beijing I observe some changes in my personality. I wonder if these ten points indicate that I’m turning into a Chinese?
- I start spitting on the floor.
- I’m faster queuing up for the subway than some of the locals.
- I prefer squat to Western style toilets. (Okay, this only counts half as I already did that in India)
- I sing along to the music from my iPod while walking on the street.
- I pick up the phone with «wei».
- I wear yellow kitty earlaps over my hat.
- I’m no longer puzzled when somebody passes me walking backwards.
- I like to drink plain water hot.
- I do line dance with a group of 60 years old Chinese ladies at a crossroad of my neighborhood at 8.30 in the morning when temperature is as low as 0°C (32°F).
- Instead of one cup of milk I drink two glasses of baijiu before going to bed.
Read also: Am I becoming Indian?
< Witner hits the wallSubterranean Blues >
Hey, come oon thats all? there are so many more things you can explore and get use to it, I hope you will find them and write it here, it would be really nice to read it 🙂 Since I lived there I also prefer hot water and soya milk aaaand warm beer…typical chinese they DO drink warm beer in restaurants 😛 cheers!